Sunday, August 25, 2013

Makeover in White

I have no before pictures...they were just to pathetic in that faux walnut, speckled finish with really heavy, unattractive hardware. I got these little cuties several months ago in Florence, when I was up north junking. And now I have them for sale in my shop...Paris Flea Market, North Bend, Oregon.


But aren't they the cats meow now???






 
I replaced the old clunky metal hardware with new crystal knobs and I added a basket of flowers resin applique under each knob.  If you examine them closely you will see that even though I bought these at the same time from the same place the knobs are at a different height on each set. I wonder if the previous owner ever saw that?   That really through me when I was doing my measuring for the applique!!!


After sanding and priming, it still took about 4 to 5 coats of white paint to get a good coverage. I started painting with a brush on the inside and thought "the heck with this, I'm using spray paint". It was way easier. I just went over it a bit with a brush to get an even color match.  I didn't shabby them out, time will take care of that. See that little dark speck in the center top, left? Time's already ticking~~~


Until next time~~~Happy Hunting and Gathering!!!



6 comments:

  1. What amazing finds, I can only imagine what they looked like before. Love what you did with them and the addition of the pretty knobs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are cuties! What a great eye you have for being able to see what they could be!!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, what amazing finds! Thanks for stopping by today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are adorable. I love your appliques and the glass knobs are a perfect finishing touch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. QUE MESITAS TAN DIFERENTES...
    SON PRECIOSAS.
    SALUDITOS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they are unusual. Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete

So glad you visited and left a comment, I enjoy hearing from you. Mickie