Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Estate Sale Loot

I've been to four Estate Sales lately.  Mostly they were just A LOT of  NOTHING.  Three of them were hoarders and it wasn't pretty!!! I did luck out and found a couple of furniture pieces. It's been really difficult to find furniture items in the area.

This chair was one of the finds.  I really like the legs and arms are always a nice feature.  The piece of upholstery fabric came from a great estate sale in Coquille.That's what I'll be using to recover the seat.  I'm painting the chair light blue/grey color.






































I also got a bunch of wooden coat hangers...this one is from a cleaners here in Coos Bay, it closed in the late 60's.  Marshfield was the name of our town until the mid 30's. I collect old wood advertising hangers.


Found this frame at another estate sale, also got a couple of books and a few ornaments for a Christmas project.  My daughter picked up a four post faux wood grain metal bed...it's really awesome no pic it's already at her house.


This is just a hodge podge of all four sales~~~I finally got a decent enough day to pull the stuff out of the garage a take some pictures.




I got 5 old wooden screens. I'm going to do a stencil project with them.

A couple of galvanized buckets, some old insulators, and several boxes of glass jars (didn't take them all out). that brown leather and silver studded piece is an old dog collar.

Got this old wooden ironing board and the drawer in front to do stencil projects on also.
















A Snoboy burlap sack...I'll be listing it on Etsy.

More jars.

A roll of galvanized tin and an old weathered board.

A rusty chicken feeder and a galvanized mop bucket that someone has painted yellow, it has a cool old handle that still show some of it's red paint.
There were some smalls that I've already taken to the shop...and most have already sold.

And lastly here is a round wooden card table with a 1923 Hoboken, New Jersey patent date.I picked this piece up in  Myrtle Point, at Tickled Pink, a small antiques shop. The gal there does her furniture up in mostly white with pink roses, all but a few pieces were tagged "sold". She does a fantastic job. This little table was a piece one of her vendors had.

 
Usually I see square folding table so I'm really liking this round one with the very cool turned legs!!!  This is going in the shop.  I'll be recovering four metal chairs to display with it in my window. Pics and a Post to follow.




Well, that's it for now, until next time...Happy Hunting and Gathering.


No comments:

Post a Comment

So glad you visited and left a comment, I enjoy hearing from you. Mickie