Sign me up~~~
These are the drawer blanks that I told you about on my last post "A Few Recent Finds". Used my "French" stencils~~~
Time for a map~~~
I've had this clock forever, the original finish had faded to an ugly color on about half of it. So I re-faced it with a French map that I antiqued, just Mod Podged it on~~~
Hang on what do we have here?
This is a project that I also want to do for my closet. I'm in line behind the shop!!!
This applique was a hollow resin ornament~~~
This is a vintage hanger from the Hotel Mark Hopkins on Nob Hill in San Francisco. I had initially set this one aside but accidentally painted the back side first, usually don't paint the advertisement hangers~~~
Fluer de Lis~~~
Crown with bling~~~
Daisy with big bling~~~
These are wooden appliques I picked up at Michael's a couple of years ago. I've just about used all of them up~~~
Let the light sing~~~
Wrapped the candles in layers of aged and torn music sheets, burlap, lace, and ribbon. The little hearts are metal buttons! Just tied them on with a thread of burlap~~~
The crystal candlesticks and glass coasters (these had a fluer de lis in the middle) are just epoxied together with E-6000. I've seen several examples of these on Pinterest. I like them because you can use the chunkier candles in them!!!
A fancy little shabby shade~~~
A fabric flower with an earring center~~~
Row of pearls~~~
This was a plain ecru colored, 7", bell shade. The collar at the top is actually a lace collar off a blouse, I also used part of the blouse for the flower along with a scrap of lace and an old clip earring that had no mate. The pearls took three tries to finally get them attached the way I wanted. They were just a continuous string that I hand sewed on. The first time I didn't like the placement, the second time they were too short and the last time I didn't cut to length until I was absolutely sure that is where I wanted them.~~~
No, these aren't spaghetti forks! But I did bend them~~~
Even stamped them~~~
And added some vintage photo's~~~
I did a few of these up for Christmas to sale in the shop and never got to show you. First off I stamped them with my 1/4" metal punches, then moved on to forming the stand. These can be a bit difficult to bend, you need to use an old cloth or something to protect them from the pliers and so you don't scar them all up (and you know how I know this). I had to sand mine lightly to remove the little dents. You have to be patient it takes a bit to get the tines all level, some tines are longer so you have to form differently. I also put a slight backward bend right under the last stamped letter. It catches the light and makes your lettering stand out better. I've already sold the ones I stamped with LOVE and STORY. STORY was suppose to be SISTER, but I laid my punches out incorrectly and I stamped ST, which became STORY~~~
Thank you for stopping by~~~Happy Hunting and Gathering!!!